These experiential workshops are aimed at trainee and qualified counsellors and psychotherapists who wish to increase their awareness of the topics in order to offer a more effective therapeutic service to clients.
Both workshops offer six hours of CPD plus a workshop pack with further information.
You can register interest in attending or arrange for training in your area by contacting me here.
- Can porn be addictive?
- Brain changes in porn users
- When/how clients might present – assessment
- Ethical considerations
- Focus of therapy
- Opportunity, attachments and trauma
- The cycle of addiction
- Breaking the cycle and rewiring the brain
- Support and relapse prevention
“I can honestly recommend this workshop to any Counsellor who is seeking to gain further understanding around porn addiction. Not only did Aileen cover the behaviour around addiction, but the science behind it, including new and up to date scientific discoveries about brain function, along with the physical and emotional effects of porn addiction for both the client and their partners. Aileen has a lovely relaxed manner and delivers her training with patience, attending to everyone’s queries. I also benefitted from a clearly written and informative booklet to take away, which I have already referred to several times. This was one of the best workshops I have attended.” Donna Davies, 8th May 2018
- How clients might present
- When and why people seek us out
- How attachments affect the experience of loss
- The process of grief
- Distinguishing between normal and complicated grief
- Facilitating normal and complicated grief
“Engaging, informative, warm and friendly. Enjoyed the experience and knowledge of the facilitator as well as that from others in the group. I feel like I’ve learned a lot from this workshop. Excellent, informative pack to take home. Thank you.” Julie Thomas, 19th September 2015